- CFA Level 2: Economics - Introduction
- Economic Growth
- Changes in Productivity: The One-Third Rule
- The Productivity Curve
- Economic Growth Theories
- Government Regulation, Deregulation, and Regulatory Behaviour
- Gross Domestic Product (Measuring Economic Activity)
- International Trade & Trade Restrictions
- Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Rate Systems and Parity Relationships
- Foreign Exchange Floating Rate Systems
- Fixed Exchange Rate Systems
- Overview of Currency Markets
- Forward Exchange Rates
- Interest Rate Parity
- Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
- International Fisher Relation
- Uncovered and Covered Interest Rate Parity Relationship
- Forecasting Exchange Rates
- CFA Level 2 Economics – Recommendations
CFA Level 2 Economics – Recommendations
- Spend four hours reading Study Session 4 of the Level II CFA Program Curriculum © taking notes.
- Spend one to two hours creating flash cards from this study sheet and the official material.
- Spend four hours taking practice questions.
With economics, a test taker can likely expect one item set (six questions). There could be some basic math calculations from growth, government regulation, trade, GDP, and balance of payments, but it is important to understand this portion of economics conceptually as well. The currency exchange material is highly likely to be tested. If not in the econ item set, then the concepts and formulas could appear in other sections. CFAI considers understanding currency relationships a mandatory skill for investment analysts, so be sure to spend time on these applications.
This content is for paid members only.
Join our membership for lifelong unlimited access to all our data science learning content and resources.