- How to Calculate Historical Volatility
- Approaches to Estimating Volatility
- Using Excel's Goal Seek Function to Estimate Implied Volatility
- Volatility: Moving Average Approaches
- Volatility: Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA)
- Using GARCH (1,1) Approach to Estimate Volatility
- How to Forecast Volatility Using GARCH (1,1)
- Calculate Historical Volatility Using EWMA
Volatility: Moving Average Approaches
Within stochastic volatility, moving average is the simplest approach. It simply calculates volatility as the unweighted standard deviation of a window of X trading days. This video demonstrates three "flavors:" population variance (volatility = SQRT[variance]), sample, and simple.
This video is developed by David from Bionic Turtle.