Using Excel's Goal Seek Function to Estimate Implied Volatility
In this video, you will learn how to estimate implied volatility. Using the market price for an option on Google's stock, the video demonstrates how to use Excel's GOAL SEEK function to estimate implied volatility. Implied volatility is a reverse-engineering exercise: we find the volatility that produces a Model Value = Market Price.
This video is developed by David from Bionic Turtle.
- How to Calculate Historical Volatility
- Approaches to Estimating Volatility
- Using Excel's Goal Seek Function to Estimate Implied Volatility
- Volatility: Moving Average Approaches
- Volatility: Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA)
- Using GARCH (1,1) Approach to Estimate Volatility
- How to Forecast Volatility Using GARCH (1,1)
- Calculate Historical Volatility Using EWMA