- Python Dictionaries
- Comparison Operators in Python
- Logical Operators in Python
- Conditional Statements in Python
- For Loop in Python
- While Loop in Python
- How to loop over python dictionaries and Numpy arrays
- What is NumPy in Python
- ndarray - Methods and Data Type
- NumPy - Methods to Create Arrays
- Python NumPy - Numerical Operations on Arrays
- Python NumPy - Indexing and Slicing Arrays
While Loop in Python
The general format of the while statement is:
while (condition) : statement }
Note that a while loop may never execute the statement. The statement is executed repeatedly until condition becomes false.
for loop which iterates over a list, for using
while loop you need to have an indicator variable
i and change its value within each iteration. Otherwise you will have an infinite loop.
Example: While Loop
The following example shows how to calculate factorial of 10 using the while loop.
# Calculate 10! using a while loop i = 10 f = 1 while ( i > 1 ) : f = i*f i = i-1 print(i, f)
We start with an iterator
i with a value of 10. Then each time the while loop iterates, we reduce the value of
i by 1. Finally, once
i becomes equal to 1, the while
loop ends. The results are shown below:
9 10 8 90 7 720 6 5040 5 30240 4 151200 3 604800 2 1814400 1 3628800
This content is for paid members only.
Join our membership for lifelong unlimited access to all our data science learning content and resources.