Disclosures Relating to Inventories
Under US GAAP and IFRS, companies are required to make the following disclosures about inventory.
- Accounting policies for measuring inventories, including cost formulas used
- Total carrying amount of inventories
- Carrying amount of inventories carried at fair value less costs to sell
- Amount of inventories expensed during the period
- Amount of any write-downs expensed in the period
- Amount of any reversal of any write-down
- Circumstances leading to reversals of write-downs
- Carrying amount of inventories pledged as securities for liabilities
Get smart about tech at work.
As a non-technical professional, learn how software works with simple explanations of tech concepts. Learn more...
- Inventory - Introduction
- Costs Included in Inventory
- Inventory Valuation Methods
- Inventory Accounting Analysis and Inflation/Deflation
- Perpetual Vs. Periodic Inventory Systems
- Impact of Inventory Valuation Methods
- Inventory at Net Realizable Value
- Disclosures Relating to Inventories
- Impacts of LIFO and FIFO Inventory Methods on Selected Financial Ratios