Top 20 MBA (Finance) Schools in the World
An MBA with specialization in finance has been one of the most sought-after and favorite degrees among students. However, due to the recent global financial crisis, its popularity has taken a hit.
Business schools, however, have been very active and have altered their program offerings to incorporate the lessons from the financial crisis and economic turbulence. Below is a list of the top 10 MBA schools from around the world that have the best finance program. The rankings are as per latest 'QS Global 200 Business School Report 2012'
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, United States
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, United States
- London Business School, United Kingdom
- Stern School of Business, New York University (NYU), United States
- Harvard Business School, United States
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University, United States
- INSEAD, France
- IE Business School, Spain
- Stanford UniversityGraduate School of Business, United States
- The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, United States
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
- IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Spain
- NUS Business School, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
- SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy
- University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, United States
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, India
- HEC MBA Program, Paris, France
- Melbourne Business School, The University of Melbourne, Australia
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania tops the list and has been continuously doing. These business schools offer various finance-focused options, and prospective students need to differentiate between programs while selecting for themselves. For example, The Stern School of Business regularly attracts Wall Street recruiters. Cass Business School in London has strong connections with financial services MBA employers in London. The University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business has a strong quantitative and analytical finance focus. Around 75% of their students are placed in finance and consulting jobs.