- The ICAPM is used by some investors to value any and all risky assets on a global basis.
- The ICAPM is only valid if international capital markets are integrated.
- If international capital markets are segmented, then assets with the same risk characteristics will be priced differently in different national markets.
- When barriers to capital market integration cause investors to avoid the balanced world market portfolio, higher allocations will be made to specific countries and specific securities, causing inefficient asset pricing.
- This inefficiency makes an argument for active portfolio management.
Try our courses on Data Science for Finance. JOIN FREE