A step-by-step course on how to build a financial model directly based on Train the Street’s live courses at top Wall Street firms.
This intensive course is designed to develop financial modeling skills through actual hands-on construction of a model, and is the online version of Training The Street’s live courses at Wall Street’s 10 largest financial institutions and at the top 20 MBA programs in the United States. You will build your own interactive financial model from “scratch.” The end goal of the course is to give participants a practitioner’s view of financial modeling by blending accounting, corporate finance and Excel skills.
The completed product is a dynamic model with 5 years of projections and 3 years of historical data, containing the following detailed statements and schedules:
- Income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Working capital schedule, depreciation and capital expenditure schedule
- Intangibles amortization schedule
- Shareholders’ equity schedule and share repurchases
- Debt and interest schedule with a “cash sweep”
- In addition, the course will cover the following topics:
Understanding and controlling circular references
- Strategies for balancing a model
- Sensitivity analysis to match expected financial performance
- Fundamentals of “what-if analysis” using data tables
- Building a practitioner’s Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) schedule
This course also includes Training The Street’s Financial Modeling online course certification.
In front of you is the very best out-of-classroom experience possible—a distillation of all the knowledge we’ve gained from training thousands of professionals in live seminars. You will not need any other resources to become proficient at Excel-based modeling. It’s a complete, self-contained course.
You should expect to complete the course in approximately 15 – 20 hours, depending on your financial modeling skills.